High blood pressure affects approximately 25% of adults in North America. Of these, 75% have only mildly elevated blood pressure, which lends itself to control through proven natural means.
Patients with high blood pressure have serious risk for heart attack, stroke and severe kidney damage if left uncontrolled. Therefore, it is imperative that all patients put into place the appropriate measures to regulate their blood pressure into the normal and safe range.
Since we know that blood pressure medication can have serious adverse effects to other aspects of our health, looking for a natural approach is what more and more people are doing.
What is too commonly left out of the equation is the fact that specific dietary practices, natural supplements, spinal adjustments (JMPT 1988; 11:484-8) and lifestyle changes (exercise, quit smoking, weight loss) are proven strategies that can lower blood pressure. In cases of mild to moderate high blood pressure these lifestyle changes have been shown to eliminate the need for drugs or to substantially reduce the required dose.
This is of great importance because blood pressure drugs often produce undesirable side effects such as fatigue, dizziness, elevated cholesterol, male impotence or erectile dysfunction, liver and kidney disease, and much more.
NATURAL AND LIFESTYLE MODIFICATIONS
Proven methods to lower blood pressure naturally include:
1) Chiropractic treatment
2) Weight loss
3) Endurance exercise; even a brisk walk for 45 minutes per day, 4 times per week can make a difference.
4) Limit alcohol intake to one drink per day.
5) Reduce intake of salt and heavily salt-processed foods.
6) Eat at least five fruit and vegetable servings per day.
7) Eat fish three or more times per week.
8) Natural supplements i.e.: Coenzyme Q10, Hawthorn extract, flaxseed oil, Calcium-Magnesium. With the aid of a nutritional analysis many people have gained life-changing knowledge. If you are ready to change your life phone us for an appointment!